Christian Chat Network Rules
If you are using the Christian Chat Network you have agreed to abide by our rules below, You have pressed the Agree button, which enabled you to register on this message board. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this Christian Chat Network. Thank you.
The purpose of the Christian Chat Network is to provide fellowship and spiritual growth for believers and to serve as a witness to unbelievers who may be seeking to know our Lord.
The Christian Chat Network is an inter-denominational ministry, however, we are a Christian ministry. While we encourage every believer to study scripture for him or herself and to question and seek answers, we must draw a line at some point as to what we find acceptable in the teachings on our board. We have outlined the basic beliefs of Christianity, and the non-negotiable factors of our faith by clicking here.
We welcome those who are not believers to post on our boards, provided they do not promote any doctrine contrary to these essentials.
On the issues not presented here, in which beliefs may vary, we encourage questioning, and thorough study of scripture as well as the sharing of ideas. We ask that such is conducted in the proper manner free of argument and rudeness and that all would seek to learn together with a prayerful attitude.
We ask that believers who post on the Christian Chat remember that they are representing Christ and that the things they say and the manner in which they conduct themselves are representative of who they believe Christ to be.
This message board’s purpose is to bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ not to man.
We do not promote the prosperity gospel preachers on this message board. You may not teach this false gospel. There will be no warning from here on, you will be removed from this message board. This is not debatable.
You may not promote any cult or false religions such as Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormonism, Scientology, Wicca, etc… If you do there will be no warning and you will be removed from this message board. This is not debatable.
This is not a Catholic message board. Don’t promote Roman Catholicism on this board. One needs only to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. He alone can save you and nothing else. We believe in all Ten Commandments here. Especially the second one that the Catholics removed. And it was written in stone, it states: Exodus 20:4 -5 (KJV)
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;…
I know this commandment doesn’t exist in the Catholic catechism, but it is there in the KJV Bible and on the Ten Commandments that Moses received written in stone, by God’s own hand.
Considering the real-time nature of the Christian Chat Network, it is impossible for us to review messages as they are being posted. We do actively monitor the contents of posted messages on a daily basis, however, we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of the administrators of the Christian Chat Network or any entity associated with the Christian Chat Network. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by clicking here. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Christian Chat Network to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, contrary to the Biblical beliefs of arkwebdesign.com or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
We at the Christian Chat Network reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Christian Chat Network, its owners, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We at Christian Chat Network also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Please note that advertisements, hyperlinks to chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on the Christian Chat Network and will not be tolerated.
In addition, you also agree with the “Terms and Conditions of Use” policy at http://thechristianbbs.com/privacy.html
General Guidelines for Posting
The Christian Chat Network is run by a group of moderators who have volunteered to help with the site. In addition to the user agreement, topics or posts that do not follow these guidelines face the risk of being closed or deleted altogether.
- No trolling. Don’t make inflammatory remarks just to get a response. You won’t be labeled as a troll if your post has substance.
- No ad hominem attacks. Criticize ideas, not people.
- No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectifying material. Goes without saying.
- Post in the right forum. Keep posts on-topic, relative to the forum it’s posted in. That means no movie reviews in the prayer request forum.
- Respect the privacy of others. Don’t post phone numbers, home addresses, pictures, etc., without permission.
- Each person may only have one account. Each post is logged, and people using multiple accounts may be banned.
- Don’t bring up old threads. If you want to reply to an old thread (over 45 days), please start a new thread and reference the old thread.
- No spamming. Don’t flood the board with commercial posts, or otherwise useless material.
- No solicitation or commercial advertising. Our message boards are for discussions, not to sell goods or services. If you would like to advertise, please contact us for an advertising package.
- Use descriptive subject lines. This makes it easier for people to see what your post is about and reduces the chance of double posting.
- No foul language. Cussing will not be tolerated. Use a thesaurus if you can’t express yourself without swearing.
Moderators have the ability to do the following functions.
- Close Thread. Prevents further replies to a topic or thread. This is done if the thread is a duplicate, if there is nothing constructive to be said on the current subject, or if a thread has been moved to another forum. As an example, threads that are trolling for people to respond will most likely be closed.
- Move Thread. Moves a thread to another forum more suitable for the current discussion. This may happen in the middle of a thread if the discussion has ventured off-topic.
- Delete Thread. Done in the most extreme case, this function completely removes the thread or post from the message board.
General Guidelines for Moderating
Moderators have their own guidelines too, in addition to the rules above.
- Don’t close or delete threads you don’t agree with. Rather than censoring a post you don’t agree with, reply with your own constructive counter-argument / criticism.
- Don’t delete threads. Use the Close Thread function instead. Threads or replies should only be deleted if it blatantly goes against the posting guidelines. Use your judgment.
- Post a notice when moving threads. If you feel that a thread belongs in another forum, post a notice before you move it. Just so people know where to look.
- Take part! Just because you are a moderator doesn’t mean you can’t take part in a discussion. Try to facilitate a discussion.
If you feel a member or moderator is not following these guidelines set out, please contact us here with the appropriate details.